TiE Austin hosts events and offers programs year-round to develop and mentor entrepreneurs at all stages in all industries. Learn more about our initiatives below and connect with us to get involved.
TiE Austin Women – Vive Les Femmes Entrepreneurs (VLFE)
Be Bold, Be Impactful
Embrace, Engage, and Empower women entrepreneurs, irrespective of the origin, standing, background.
TiE Austin connects, inspires, and supports professional women by helping them build strong partnerships, encouraging them to achieve professional goals, and facilitating the exchange of knowledge, best practices and contacts.
Women of TiE Austin community will
- learn openly and freely without inhibitions and judgment
- increase potential of women businesses to receive funding to grow their entrepreneurial dreams
- provide increased networking and right connections opportunities
- create events and programs to enhance knowledge sharing
- provide increased visibility.
TiE Austin brings you informative events throughout the year to inspire, inform, educate women leaders. Please visit our Upcoming Events page to stay tuned and register to attend.
If you would like to actively participate in VLFE initiative of TiE Austin, please contact Justine, our executive director.
TiE Women is dedicated to Embrace, Engage and Empower women entrepreneurs across the globe.
The program is aligned with TiE’s pillars focused on fostering entrepreneurship. The sector-agnostic program is focused on women-led startups, irrespective of the size of their enterprise, origin, standing or background.
TiE Austin is proud to present an opportunity for local women entrepreneurs to participate in the
TiE Women Global Pitch Competition 2021!
FIRST PRIZE WINS $100K + EQUITY-FREE PRIZE MONEY!
- 2000+ Pitch Applications
- 88 Directly Impacted Women Entrepreneurs
- 26 Chapters
- 200+ Mentors
- 6 Participating Countries
- 8 Finalists
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!
The deadline is June 30th.
Here’s some more information for you:PHASE 1 – Chapter Level (June – Aug 2021)
- TiE Austin will organize a local pitch competition in August 2021 to select 3-5 finalists for the global contest
- Chapter finalists and runners-up will be connected with mentors
- Trained Chapter Winners will gear up to present to an audience comprised of investors, VCs, accelerators, etc.
- Bootcamps will be held in early October
- All Chapter Winners get a two-day pass to attend the TiE Global Summit (TGS) in Dubai (Dec 2021)
- Attractive cash prizes, access to funding, sponsor prizes and more at TGS
A female founder or a co-founder in a startup can apply for the pitch competition.
(Please note that we are not accepting applications from idea-stage ventures; only Early and Late Stage startups.)
- Eligibility – The startup should be headquartered in the state of Texas
- Application Form – each startup can only apply through one TiE Chapter
- Membership – All applicants have to be members of TiE Austin
- Less than 3 years
- May have received its initial, or seed funding
- Company has an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Less than 7 years
- The product or service is commercially available
- Registered sales
The co-founder (male or female) can travel to Dubai, on their own expense, if they want to participate in the in-person pitch. We encourage startup companies that apply for the pitch competition to be willing to accept investment (not mandatory but helpful).For the final competition, judges may be independent of TiE, inclusive of angel investors or VCs. The screening committee for entries at the Austin chapter level is comprised of Charter Members, Board Members, Angel Investors.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Justine Bailey, TiE Austin Executive Director.
TYE – The Young Entrepreneurs
Be Inspired, Be Challenged
TiE Austin believes that today’s young ones are talented and risk-takers. TiE Austin is here to empower them by offering the right skills and providing them with the right tools to build on their dream careers, professional growth, leadership savvy, and entrepreneurial abilities. TiE Austin will help high schoolers and college students build their confidence and abilities to create and innovate.
TiE Austin’s TYE program is initiated to inspire and challenge students to become the next generation of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
By being a part of TiE Austin’s TYE program, you will get an opportunity to
- Learn business basics
- Get an understanding of solution-based approach to problem-solving
- Take your innovation idea/concept to the next level
TYE learning and mentoring are provided by real-life entrepreneurs. TiE Austin’s wide network – locally and globally – provides connecting and networking opportunities and opens up access to internships and funding sources.
If you would like to successfully launch and scale your ‘self’, be a part of TiE Austin’s TYE program.
TiE Austin invites all College/University students to participate at the TiE-U Global Pitchfest 2021.
Congratulations to Apoorva Chintala, Clocr Inc.,
a TiE Austin student member
in reaching the
out of 1432 college entrepreneurs,
from 50 nations, 526 teams, and 27 cities.
Mentored, coached, guided and motivated by TiE Austin,
TiE Global University workshops, bootcamps, and mock sessions.
Stay tuned for 2022 announcements.
Visit this page often.
TiE Austin Angels
For Under-Represented Entrepreneurs, By Angel Entrepreneurs
TiE Austin will be launching the Angels initiatives for the ‘like-minded’ accredited investors to partner with other investors to be the premier pipeline of under-represented entrepreneurs. The mission is to connect top minority entrepreneurs with critical resources to bridge their funding gap. It will be designed to build a syndicate of angel investment opportunities for the TiE Austin Angels community.
TiE Austin Angel Investors will be able to invest in startups
- With one minority founder or co-founder
- That has raised less than $500K and seeking between $50K – $100K
- Representing product with a scalable solution
- Must have a working prototype
- That is headquartered in Central Texas
If you express an interest in funding minority startups and /or being a syndicate partner OR need more information about TiE Austin Angels initiatives, please contact Tejal, TiE Austin’s executive director.